- Judo Ontario: Provincial organization.
- Judo Canada: National organization.
- International Judo Federation: The international governing body for judo.
- Kodokan: The original judo dojo.
Safety, Principles and Values
- Safety, Principles and Values – a recommended read for everyone in the club
- Gokyo: A list of the Judo throws
- Judo Information Site: A comprehensive collection of judo photos, articles, pictures, and links.
- Judopedia: An associated site to the Judo Information site.
- Wikipedia Judo: Wikipedia’s entry on judo.
- E-Judo forum: An active forum for judo discussion.
- The seven values of judo: courage, sincerity, honour, courtesy, modesty, respect, self-control, and friendship.
- r/judo: Reddit forum for judo discussion.
- r/BJJ: Reddit forum for Brazilian jiu jitsu, a sister martial art to judo.
- r/fitness FAQ: An introduction to fitness
- r/bodyweightfitness FAQ: Reddit primer for bodyweight strength training without access to free weights or machines.
Books available in the University of Toronto Libraries
- Kodokan Judo, by Kano Jigoro
- Canon of Judo, by Mifune Kyuzo
- Best Judo, by Inokuma Isao and Sato Nobuyuki
- Fighting Judo, by Kashiwazaki Katsuhiko
- Vital Judo, by Okano Isao
- Olympic Judo, by Neil Adams and Cyril Carter
Books available in the Toronto Public Library system
*Select non-comprehensive list
A former instructor and graduate student, Jon Roberts, wrote a Masters thesis (pdf) on the inclusion of judo into the Japanese middle school curriculum in 1931, and attendant context and arising implications.
Below are a series of articles on judo pedagogy by former Sensei Ronald Désormeaux. Clicking on any link below will take you to the article reader:
- #33 – Victory or Defeat in Judo
- #35 – Cultivation of the Mind-Heijoshin
- #36 – Beware of the Power of Hidarikiki hito (left handed person)
- #38 – Let Us Talk About Shime Waza
- #39 – Katsu! The Art of Resuscitation
- #48 – Addressing Bogyo Shisei
- #49 – Managing Critical Conditions in a Judo Confrontation
- #50 – Judo as an Art form
- #51 – Increasing Speed and Accuracy in Judo
- #52 – Kumi Kata in Judo
- #53 – A Glimpse at Katame-Ne Waza in Judo